Trade with Mexico and China were top issues for the Trump campaign, and recent developments suggest corporations may be in store for significant change under a Trump Administration. Could we be looking at an entirely different economic framework after January 20? How will manufacturers be impacted? Crowell & Moring International Trade Group partners Daniel Cannistra and John Brew discuss anxiety in the marketplace and how trade could change under President Trump.
Covered in this 23 minute podcast:
- What are Trump’s promises on trade and can he fulfill them? What authority does the president have to alter trade agreements? What challenges might he face?
- NAFTA and the possibility of tariffs on Mexican imports.
- What can Trump do with respect to China?
- What is the likelihood that the proposed border adjustment tax could go through?
- What is a trade war, and what might cause it?
- What agencies should large, multinational companies be looking to throughout the first 100 days to watch for trade updates?
Click below to listen via the embedded player or access from one of these links:
Visit our First 100 Days Series page here for more updates and analysis, as well as webinars and other podcasts.