Crowell & Moring Monthly Webinar Series
Tuesday, June 23, 2020
12:00 – 1:30 pm EDT
In the past several years, the U.S. government has issued a series of sweeping Executive Orders, policy announcements, and other regulatory and enforcement actions as part of a multi-pronged approach to protect U.S. national interests against the perceived challenges a rising China presents. To help industry contextualize these actions within the broader framework of the U.S. approach to China, and to understand the emerging trends, our C&M International trade professionals and C&M International Trade and Government Contracts attorneys will provide commentary and insight across a series of topics, including:
- Recent changes to national security reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS) targeting capital from China;
- The new EAR foreign-direct product rule aimed at Huawei and its affiliates, and the Military End user / End Use Rule;
- Entity List additions;
- Tariffs and Trade Remedies developments;
- Establishing the new Team Telecom;
- Securing U.S. Bulk Power Systems;
- FAR Supply Chain restrictions and implementation plans;
- The U.S. Department of State’s announcement on the revocation of Hong Kong’s trade status; and
- Criminal prosecution of sanctions violations and trade secret theft.
Speakers: Andrew Blasi, Caroline Brown, Adelicia Cliffe, Stephanie Crawford, Jana-del Cerro, Chandler Leonard, David Stepp, Erik Woodhouse, and Gail Zirkelbach
Please contact Denise Giardina for questions about this webinar series.