Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Time: 12:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
In the past several years, the U.S. government has issued a series of sweeping Executive Orders, policy announcements, and other regulatory and enforcement actions as part of a multi-pronged approach to protect U.S. national interests against the perceived challenges a rising China presents. To help industry contextualize these actions within the broader framework of the U.S. approach to China, and to understand the emerging trends, our C&M International trade professionals and C&M International Trade and Government Contracts attorneys will provide commentary and insight across a series of topics, including:
- Recent changes to national security reviews by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. (CFIUS) targeted at capital from China;
- The new EAR foreign-direct product rule aimed at Huawei and its affiliates, and the Military End user / End Use Rule;
- Entity List additions;
- Tariffs and Trade Remedies developments;
- Establishing the new Team Telecom;
- Securing U.S. Bulk Power Systems;
- FAR Supply Chain restrictions and implementation plans;
- The U.S. Department of State’s announcement on the revocation of Hong Kong’s trade status; and
- Criminal prosecution of sanctions violations and trade secret theft.
Crowell & Moring is pleased you can join us for this webinar which you can watch via your desktop web browser or by using an Android or iOS tablet or phone. Audio will be streamed via your device so please ensure you have headphones or speakers connected.
Please register your details to enter – Access will be granted 15 minutes prior to the official start time.